Own three of the most iconic aircraft ever made, all in one set!
The Avro Lancaster was one of the most successful bombers of all nations in World War Two. Developed from the Avro Manchester into a four engined heavy bomber, the Lancaster was employed primarily as a night bomber and flew the bulk of it's missions in this role with great success. It could however, operate in different roles and famously accomplished a number of 'special' missions such as the 'Dambusters' raid in the Ruhr Valley in 1943 and the sinking of the German cruiser 'Tirpitz' in 1944.
The Supermarine Spitfire is possibly the most famous aircraft of the Second World War and the enduring symbol of British defiance during the Battle of Britain. It was initially designed as a flying boat to compete in the Schnieder Trophy in the 1930's before being adapted as the RAF's first all metal skinned monoplane fighter. It was hugely successful throughout its service from the Battle of Britain to bomber escort duties and ground attack roles over France and Germany in the later stages of the War.
Alongside the Spitfire, The Hawker Hurricane is one of the most iconic British aircraft of all time though it was a far less radical design than the Spitfire, slightly slower and less maneuverable. However, the traditional wood and canvas design allowed the Hurricane to take a great deal of punishment, far more than the Spitfire, and because of this, claimed far more kills during the Battle of Britain, forming the backbone of Fighter Command's victorious defence of the British Isles. The Hurricane also found favour with the desert Air Force as a ground attack fighter, disrupting supply lines and working as mobile tank killer.Set includes paints, brush and glue!
- Manufacturer Number:
- Our Product Number:
How much does UK delivery cost?
FREE - when you spend £40, or £3.99 for orders under £40.
- Delivery in 3 to 5 working days
- Monday to Friday
- Free delivery over £40 applies for UK mainland only
- We can’t deliver during a specific time slot, but if you are likely to be out we are happy to deliver to a work, family or friends address.
- Click here to find out more about international delivery.
Click & Collect
FREE - only available for orders of £10 or over.
- Collect from your local store in as little as 30 minutes
- Monday to Saturday during opening times.
- If your order is not in stock in store, it will be delivered to store in 1 - 3 working days
- We’ll let you know at the checkout how quickly you can collect.
- Click here to find out more about Click & Collect.
Collect from myHermes ParcelShops
Cost - £3.99
- Collect your order on the next working day at 1000s myHermes ParcelShop locations across the UK.
- They're based in convenient locations including supermarkets, newsagents and train stations. Plus they're often open late and on Sundays to make collecting your order as easy as possible.
- You can find your nearest collection points here: myHermes
- You will be notified by email once your order arrives. To collect please take along the confirmation email or SMS and either the payment card or photo ID.
Cost - £4.99
- Order by 7pm for next working day delivery.
- Orders placed after 7pm will be delivered in 2 working days.
- UK mainland only.
Charges can be higher for deliveries to the Scottish Highlands and Islands and for bulky or heavy items.
You can add products to your shopping basket and select your location to find out the exact cost before completing your purchase.