Why we love the Pink LeapPad
1. Brilliant 5 inch touchscreen
2. Record and edit your own movies
3. Stands up to sticky fingers and rough play
4. Adjustable difficulty settings to suit different ages
5. Makes learning fun
The latest generation of electronic learning and gaming has arrived with the LeapFrog LeapPad.
Parents are never happy, are they? They want you to learn computer skills at school and they're amazed at how you master new technology - but when they find their smart phones in your wendy house, or chocolate spread smeared on their laptops, all they do is complain!
Thankfully this kid-friendly tablet has a mind-boggling number of activities to keep you entertained, so you'll never have to 'borrow' the grown up gadgets again.
Games, apps and e-books
The LeapPad has a massive library that puts more than 100 games, apps, e-books and videos at your fingertips. The games boost your skills in loads of school subjects, so you do better in class just by having fun at home! Characters and scenes come to life as you leaf through the e-books, which also read words aloud to help your reading and spelling.
The animation studio lets your imagination run wild and lets you share your creations with friends and family via Facebook and email if you connect it to a computer with internet access - the LeapPad itself has no wi-fi or 3G, so you won't be able to use it to go online (see Online Safety).
A built-in camera lets you take and edit pictures, the video recorder means you can create music videos and films and you can personalize your LeapPad with photos, drawings, audio, wallpaper and names. If you're already a LeapFrog gaming fan there's a slot on the top to insert the existing range of LeapFrog cartridge games.
In terms of design, the LeapPad looks every bit as good as mum and dad's gadgets. It's sleek and lightweight with a 5" screen that works whichever way up you hold it. However it was designed with kids in mind so it's sturdy, wipeclean and can withstand rough play.
The LeapPad has no internet access and has to be connected to a computer using a USB to add apps or send photos - so mum and dad are in control of when you go online. They can also buy credits for you to use, so there's no unexpected shocks when the credit card bill arrives!
Keeping mum and dad happy
Parents will love how much the LeapPad boosts your learning and they can check which games, stories and activities you've been playing via a clever online tool called LeapFrog Learning Path.
The LeapFrog LeapPad requires four AA batteries (not included).
- Batteries Required:
- Manufacturer Number:
- Our Product Number:
How much does UK delivery cost?
FREE - when you spend £39.99, or £3.99 for orders under £39.99.
- Delivery in 3 to 5 working days
- Free delivery over £39.99 applies for UK mainland only
- We can’t deliver during a specific time slot, but if you are likely to be out we are happy to deliver to a work, family or friends address.
- Order by 6pm for next working day delivery. The Entertainer is closed on Sunday so orders placed before 2pm on Saturday for express delivery will be with you on Monday. Orders placed after 2pm Saturday and on Sunday will be delivered to you on Tuesday.
- Orders placed after 6pm will be delivered in 2 working days.
- UK mainland only.
Click & Collect
- Collect from your local store in as little as 30 minutes.
- Monday to Saturday during opening times.
- If your order is not in stock in store, it will be delivered to store and it will be ready to collect in 3 working days (excluding weekends and bank holidays) for FREE
- We’ll let you know at the checkout how quickly you can collect.
Collect from ASDA stores using toYou
- Order before 3pm and your order will be ready to collect in 2 working days, at more than 600 toyou pick up points at Asda store nationwide.
- Orders placed after 3pm or to stores in Northern Ireland will take 3 working days.
- If your basket is eligible for Asda toyou collection we’ll show you the option in the checkout whether you pick home delivery or click and collect.
- You can find your nearest collection point here: Asda toyou
- You will be notified by email once your order arrives.
- To collect your order you’ll need to bring your sales order number and ID that matches the name on the order. You can use the QR code in your “Ready to Collect” email to make the process quicker but this is not essential.
Collect myHermes ParcelShops
- Order by 7pm and your order will be ready to collect in 5 working days, at 1000s of myHermes ParcelShop locations.
- They're based in convenient locations including supermarkets, newsagents and train stations. Plus they're often open late and on Sundays.
- You can find your nearest collection points here: myHermes
- You will be notified by email once your order arrives. To collect please take along the confirmation email or SMS and either the payment card or photo ID.