TheToyShop.com is committed to protecting your privacy. We have taken all the essential measures to make sure that any information you give us, including credit card details, remains private and secure and that your payment and registration information is processed with total confidentiality.
When you place orders or access account information, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, as required by the UK Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
If you have any further questions about our credit card security policies, please contact us. Click on the contact us tab at the top of this page. Note: If you still have questions about shopping online, but want to enjoy the benefits of shopping at thetoyshop.com, call our Customer Services Department on 0844 800 5100 (International +44 (0)1494 737002) to place an order.
What information do we gather and what do we do with it?
When you order products, we will collect your name, contact and billing information, transaction and credit card information. We use this information so that we can contact customers if there is a query with their order, for internal record keeping and for marketing purposes. To receive news and special offers by email from theentertainer.com you are asked to tick a box during the check-out process.
The 'help' menu in most web browsers will tell you how you can be informed when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. However, we recommend that you leave cookies turned on as they allow you to access some of the most useful features of thetoyshop.com.
When you use this site and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for the purposes set out in this statement.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
We are working with Struq to display personalised banners to past visitors of www.TheToyShop.com.
- Struq may place cookies on the browsers of visitors to TheToyShop.com and may send its own cookies to the visitors' cookie file. The cookies will allow Struq to apply its Personalised Retargeting technology and to serve Personalised banners.
- Struq only employs anonymous cookies for Personalised banners, the Cookie is a means by which information relating to internet activity is recorded.
- Struq will collect and use these data in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations (including but not limited to laws governing privacy, and data protection)
- The data collected and used by Struq is at its sole discretion will only contain non-personal data.
- This data will be anonymous and will not contain the name, address, telephone number, email address or IP address of the Visitors.
- Struq's Opt out page is available at http://www.struq.com/consumer-opt-out/ which includes information for users on how to opt-out of being cookie retargeted.
What if you think we have incorrect information, or you would like a copy of the information we hold about you?You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A fee of £10 will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to:
The Customer Services Manager
The Entertainer (Amersham) Ltd.
Boughton Business Park
Bucks HP6 6GL
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or e-mail us as soon as possible to the above address. We will correct any information which was found to be incorrect promptly.
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the web site in question.